Board of Pilot Commissioners For the Bays of San Francisco, San Pablo, and Suisun
660 Davis Street
San Francisco, CA 94111
Pilot Trainee Application
The Board of Pilot Commissioners is accepting applications for its upcoming San Francisco Bar Pilot Trainee Training Program Entrance Exam.
The deadline for submission of application packages is April 15, 2014. The written exam will take place on June 23, 2014.
BEFORE SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION: review the minimum requirements for entrance into the Trainee Training Program, as outlined in California Code of Regulations, Title 7, Subsection 213. Pilot Trainees. Applicants who do not meet the minimum qualifications will not be allowed to sit for the exam. ***PLEASE NOTE: THE BOARD OF PILOT COMMISSIONERS HAS MADE CHANGES TO SUBSECTION 213. You may review the Express Terms of the changes on the Regulations tab of this web site. The proposed regulation changes were accepted by the Office of Administrative Law and are effective currently. The Board of Pilot Commissioners will open the 2014 exam to those who qualify under both the old AND new regulations. Qualification for later exams will be based on the new regulations alone.
- Application for 2014 Trainee Training Program Entrance Exam (pdf) (NEW!) (revised March 4, 2014)
- Reference List for 2014 Trainee Training Program Entrance Exam (pdf) (NEW!)
- California Code of Regulations, Title 7, Subsection 213 -- Qualifications for entry into the Trainee Training Program
- Pilot Trainee Applicant Information Handbook (pdf) (NEW!)
- How to Become a Pilot Trainee - Commonly Asked Questions (pdf)