Board of Pilot Commissioners For the Bays of San Francisco, San Pablo, and Suisun
660 Davis Street
San Francisco, CA 94111
Pilot Trainee Application
THE APPLICATION PERIOD HAS CLOSED AS OF APRIL 15, 2014. PLEASE CHECK THIS SPACE FOR NEWS REGARDING THE NEXT TRAINEE EXAM.
The deadline for submission of application packages is April 15, 2014. The written exam will take place on June 23, 2014, with the simulator exam on June 26-28.
BEFORE SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION: review the minimum requirements for entrance into the Trainee Training Program, as outlined in California Code of Regulations, Title 7, Subsection 213. Applicants who do not meet the minimum qualifications will not be allowed to sit for the exam. ***PLEASE NOTE: THE BOARD OF PILOT COMMISSIONERS HAS MADE CHANGES TO SUBSECTION 213. You may review the Express Terms of the changes on the Regulations tab of this web site. The proposed regulation changes were accepted by the Office of Administrative Law and are effective currently. The changes made to the Board of Pilot Commissioners regulations will provide avenues to apply under many of the aspects of the old regulations, along with some new avenues.
- California Code of Regulations, Title 7, Subsection 213 -- Qualifications for entry into the Trainee Training Program
- Application for 2014 Trainee Training Program Entrance Exam (pdf) (NEW!)
- Reference List for 2014 Trainee Training Program Entrance Exam (pdf) (NEW!)
- Pilot Trainee Applicant Information Handbook (pdf) (NEW!)
- How to Become a Pilot Trainee - Commonly Asked Questions (pdf) (NEW!)